So you're thinking about getting an air fryer?
GET ONE!!! After reciving mine for christmas I can say with 100% accuracy that it was one of the best gifts I got this year! Other then the health benefits of cooking with less (umm- NO )oil, this little machine cooks foods quickly while leaving things like chicken crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside, like fries? Get crunch fluffy fries without the added oils and fats of frying!
One of the first foods we tried was chicken wings, and truth be told, I don't think we'll be cooking them any other way from now on. One bag of wings took about 40 minutes, since we did them in 2 different batches, they couldn't have been easier to make. All I had to do was toss them in some wing breading (we used hooters plain wing breading) and then layer them in the cooking cavity of my new Air Fryer XL. I used the chicken setting and the timer was set for 20 minutes. About 10 minutes in I tossed the wings around a bit to allow them to cook and brown evenly, and cooked them the rest of the way. Then did the same with the 2nd batch. At this point they were ready to eat.
*Side note: you can toss your wings in any sauce you like, and them throw them back in the air fryer for a few moments to caramelize the sugars in your sauces.
I know some of you came looking for a recipe, so here it goes:
1. Toss wings in flour based breading of your choice.
2. Place wings in a single layer flat in the bottom of your air fryer cooking cavity.
3. Cook at 360* for about 20 minutes, tossing wings halfway through to get even browning.
4. pour into a bowl and toss with your favorite sauce if desired.
5. *Optional- place wings back in air fryer for about 5 minutes to caramelize sugars in sauce.
Yes it really is THAT easy!
Did you know you can make CHIPS in this thing??