Last night was the season premiere of The Walking Dead. Here at Mama Aprils House we dig Zombies, so this was a big night for us. While dinner was cooking I prepped some Zombie Brain Popcorn, which is a wonderfully tasty candied popcorn that is easy and can be made in a variety of colors and flavors. But we had to eat dinner first. I was in the mood for some fall comfort flavors dancing on my tongue, so with a little bit of this, and a dash of that, I put together something delicious (so delicious in fact, that it's my lunch today!)
Cranberry Orange Chicken Bake
2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1/2 Can Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
1 Box Corn Bread Stuffing
1/4 C Dried Cranberries
1/2 Orange (Juice & Zest Only)
Prepare stuffing according to package directions mix in dried cranberries and layer on the bottom place chicken on top and pierce chicken with fork to create a few small holes squeeze orange on top of chicken. Cover chicken with cranberry sauce and zest orange on top, cover with foil and bake at 375 for about an hour. (Chicken cook times will vary according to size and thickness of chicken breast.) During last 20 minutes remove foil and let stuffing brown. Serve with maple brown sugar carrots.
Zombie Brain Candied Popcorn
1. In a saucepan, stir to combine the butter and corn syrup over medium heat. Once the butter is completely melted, add in the Jell-o powder and 1/2 cup sugar. Stir well to combine.
2. Turn the heat up slightly and bring the mixture to a boil. Turn to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Immediately pour the jello syrup over the popcorn in a large mixing bowl. Stir to coat the popcorn.
4. Turn the popcorn onto a cookie sheet cover in parchment paper. With your stirring spoon, smooth into a single layer or popcorn.
5. Bake in a preheated 300 degree oven for 10 minutes.
6. Allow the popcorn to cool until it reaches room temperature.
7. Break into bite size pieces and enjoy!
Recipe taken from: Cute As A Fox