TOTAL SCORE! I made this for dinner the other night, and brought some across the way for Mama Carol & Papa Al to try. Papa Al told me if there was any leftovers I was more the welcome to send them over! If you know Papa Al, then you know that him asking for 2nds is about the biggest compliment you can receive when it comes to food.
I know you are dying to make your own so here we go:
What you need:
1 Box Lasagna Noodles
32oz Skim Ricotta
1/4tbs Basil (chopped or dried)
2 C Cooked Chopped Chicken breast
1 Jar of your favorite Alfredo Sauce (I was able to find Prego Alfredo w/Bacon!)
1 1/2 C Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Fresh Baby Spinach (optional)
What You Do:
1. Cook Lasagna noodles according to box directions, rinse with cool water so you can easily handle the pasta.
2. Arrange bacon on an oven sheet and bake at 400* until crispy (you can always pan fry, but baking it is sooo much easier, and less messy!), Drain grease, once cool crumble bacon.
2. While pasta & bacon is cooking, I took the time to mix my basil and ricotta together. Once the bacon is crumbled I added a little over half of the crumbled bacon to the ricotta & basil mixture. ( Resist the urge to eat it, and hold remaining bacon for later).
3. Pour 1/2 c Alfredo sauce at the bottom of your pan.
4. Line up lasagna noodles for easy filling. Spoon & spread ricotta mixture (ricotta/basil/bacon) over noodles, sprinkle with chicken & add spinach (if desired).
5. Once noodles are lined/filled, Start at the bottom and roll them up! Place in your pan and cover with remaining Alfredo sauce.
6. Sprinkle with cheese & top with remaining bacon.
7. Bake at 350* for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and insides are hot.
8. ENJOY YOUR CREAMY BACONY HEAVEN!
I served mine with a side salad, but broccoli would be amazing as well!